Explore Rwanda and learn – become an advocate for the environment!
- Are you interested in exploring Rwanda as the global role model in terms of climate policy and practices?
- Are you keen on meeting and making friends with fellow youth from Rwanda?
- Would you like to gain practical knowledge on the latest green innovations and ways of turning environmental challenges into sustainable solutions, as well as know more about eco- and social entrepreneurship?
- Are you a student, graduate, or a professional with passion for clean renewable energy, sustainable transportation, housing, food production, and ethical consumption?
If you’ve answered “yes” to most of these questions, Youth Climate Ambassadors program could be for you!
Youth Climate Ambassadors is a 10-day intensive and action based learning program, which takes place in Kigali and around the country, Rwanda from 23 July through 1 August 2017.
The purpose of Youth Climate Ambassadors, Rwanda 2017 program is to:
- raise awareness, motivate, and build the capacity of youth to become conscious and confident climate ambassadors, with the determination to turn the climate challenges into opportunities,
- spread climate knowledge, innovation, and action among youth leaders from around the world,
- create conducive space for the youth to take active part in crafting creative climate policies and practices as a contribution to sustainable development in their communities,
- create opportunities for youth exchange, networking, and co-creation toward generating common solutions to existing challenges,
- meet and engage in dialogue with decision-makers responsible for the climate policies in Rwanda,
- take part in Innovation Cup on Green Solutions to Global Challenges.
Criteria for participation
In order to take part in the program, you have to:
- be between 18 and 30 years old
- be social-minded and an aspiring agent of change:
- a student, graduate, post graduate, and/or a professional with passion for issues of environment and climate change
- motivated and looking for inspiration on finding new green solutions
- be able to passionately articulate your vision for global change and sustainability, and willing to engage actively with innovative ideas
- have a solid command of English.
Participation fee*: 950 euros. This includes
- Meals, mineral water
- Local transportation
- Lectures and discussions by experts, scientists, and policy makers
- Training sessions and learning material
- Certificate of Participation
*The fee does not include flight tickets to and back from Rwanda, as well as visas or vaccinations, if necessary.
Upon acceptance to the training, payment instructions will be issued. All payment details will be sent to you in the confirmation e-mail.
How to apply
Fill in the application form below:
Application deadline: 1 June 2017
Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MINIRENA: Ministry of Natural Resources
REMA: Rwanda Environment Management Authority
FONERWA: Rwanda Green Fund
Rwanda Development Board – Department of Tourism and Conservation-Kigali
Embassy of Rwanda in Sweden