Explore Uganda’s Climate Practices – become an advocate for the environment!
- Are you interested in exploring Uganda and learning about its aspiring climate policies and practices?
- Are you keen on meeting and making new friends with fellow youth from Uganda and around the world?
- Would you like to gain practical knowledge on the latest green innovations and ways of turning environmental challenges into sustainable solutions, as well as know more about eco- and social entrepreneurship?
- Are you a student, graduate, or a professional with passion for clean renewable energy, sustainable transportation, housing, food production, and ethical consumption?
If you can say “yes” to most of the above questions, then, Youth Climate Ambassadors program could be for you!
Youth Climate Ambassadors is a 9-day intensive and action based learning program, which takes place in Kampala and around the country from 22nd July to 30th July 2018.
The purpose of Youth Climate Ambassadors, Uganda 2018 program is to:
- Raise awareness, motivate, and build the capacity of youth to become conscious and confident climate ambassadors, with the determination to turn the climate challenges into opportunities,
- Spread climate knowledge, innovation, and action among youth leaders from around the world,
- Create conducive space for the youth to take active part in crafting creative climate policies and practices as a contribution to sustainable development in their communities,
- Create opportunities for youth exchange, networking, and co-creation toward generating common solutions to existing challenges,
- Meet and engage in dialogue with decision-makers responsible for the climate policies in Rwanda,
- Take part in Innovation Cup on Green Solutions to Global Challenges.
Criteria for participation
In order to take part in the program, you have to:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Be social-minded and an aspiring agent of change
- Be a student, graduate, post graduate, and/or a professional with passion for environment and climate change issues
- Be motivated and looking for inspiration on finding new green solutions
- Be able to passionately articulate your vision for global change and sustainability, and willing to engage actively with innovative ideas
- Have a solid command of English.
Participation fee*: 700 euros. The fee covers:
- Meals, mineral water
- Local transportation
- Lectures and discussions by experts, scientists, and policy makers
- Training sessions and learning material
- Edutainment and local excussion
- Certificate of Participation
*The fee does not include flight tickets to and back from Uganda, as well as visas or vaccinations, if necessary.
How to sign up and pay
Fill in the sign-up form below:
Application deadline: 1 May 2018
Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +45 30130441
UYONET (Uganda Youth Network)