Facilitating Youth Ambassadors of Peace in the Eastern Europe Neighborhood and Caucasus regions Project
Description of the project The empowerment of youth in Denmark, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine to become peace ambassadors capable of building bridges to peaceful conflict resolution.
Project aim to contribute to a bottom-up, youth-to-youth approach to peace-building by strengthening the role of young people and youth related CSO networks to be vigilant democratically aware, and socially responsible peace ambassadors, capable of building bridges to peaceful conflict resolution among the Eastern Europe neighborhood and Caucasus regions.
The exchange will take place from 19 th – 24 rd August (including travel days) in Vadul lui Voda, Republic of Moldova. Participants are young people from Denmark, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia and Moldova from 16 – 20 years old.
What can you expect to get out of this International Youth Peace Camp?
– Confidence in acting in a multicultural group
– Confidence in working in democratically structured teams
– Getting acquainted with democratic issues and youth participation
– Understanding the different issues which force people to flee their homes and countries
– Finding solutions to problems of racism and division in society
– Knowledge and techniques on Peace and conflict resolutions and transformations
– Knowledge and techniques on Constructive communication as a tool for dialogue
– Intercultural Learning and inclusion as a tool for conflict prevention in communities
– Youth led project management Practicalities
Administration and membership fees ( 600 dkk + 150 dkk) for the Youth Camp is 750 dkk. All transportation, accommodation and food costs will be covered by the organisation.
Partners: Crossing Borders from Denmark Analytical Centre on Globalisation and Regional Cooperation (ACGRC) from Armenia Academy for Peace and Development (APD) from Georgia MilleniuM Training and Development Institute from Moldova All-Ukrainian Association for youth co-operation Alternative-V from Ukraine.
Apply by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th of August